Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Orecchiette w/ Garlic Shrimp

This was quick and easy and delicious--and potentially lethal. Make sure everyone around you is eating the same thing.

Serves 4, with leftovers.

  1. I put on a big pot of salted water to boil, and while it was heating up shelled and sliced 2 lbs of jumbo shrimp (I cut each shrimp into about 3 pieces). I tossed the shrimp with salt, pepper, and a heaping spoonful of minced garlic. When the water boiled, I threw in about 2/3 lb of orecchiette and let them cook for about 8 minutes before I started my sauce.
  2. I heated about 3 T of olive oil in a saute pan with a pinch of red pepper flake. I added the shrimp and stirred occasionally until they were pink and cooked through. Then I threw in one of those tiny bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and let some of it evaporate. I stirred in a few handfuls of baby spinach, a handful of chopped parsley, and tasted for seasoning.
  3. I reserved 1/4 C of the pasta water, drained the pasta, and tossed it in the sauce. I added a little of the pasta water to moisten it, but didn't use the whole 1/4 C. I may also have topped it with some grated Parmesan, but I honestly don't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'm new at this, and I really want to know. Later on, when I've done it for awhile, you can take your comments and shove them. But for now...