Monday, September 6, 2010

9.6: This Week in Food

Menu

Sunday: leftover Chinese food
Monday: holiday picnic
Tuesday: steamed shrimp / Caesar salad
Wednesday: grilled mahi / sweet corn / mashed potatoes
Thursday: n/a (working late)
Friday: black bean burgers / sweet potato fries

Grocery total: $26 (!!! #Win. Because I still hadn't cooked the mahi--which was frozen--or the green beans--which got all slimy--or black bean burgers--which ingredients are fine except I bought new cilantro.)

Thoughts: I felt good about our total, until I tallied up the money spent on take-out over the extended weekend, when Dorian and I sat on the couch and worked for three days straight and couldn't face cooking. Plus take-out on Thursday because it's Parents' Night at my school. (1) Oh, and I have to do that again next week for Parents' Night at his school. WTF?? Could we have a little sympathy for parents on Parents' Night, please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------


(1) Ironically, I can't bring my son to Parents' Night, so I have to pick him up from school, drive him 45 min. home, then turn around and come back. And drive back home at 9pm. I love meeting my students' parents, but this makes for a looooooooooong day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'm new at this, and I really want to know. Later on, when I've done it for awhile, you can take your comments and shove them. But for now...